Author :?P S A Pillai
NO. OF VOLUMES :?1
COPYRIGHT YEAR :?2019
MONTH OF PUBLICATION :?July 19
PSA Pillai?s Criminal Law is one of the most archetypal text on the Indian Penal Code, 1860, ever since the publication of its first edition in 1956. With a section wise content flow, this work adopts an entirely different approach to the study of the law of crime, focusing on both emerging issues and legislative developments. A leading treatise on the subject for over five decades, this work, is a thematic presentation of the complex and multi-dimensional subject of criminal law in a lucid, comprehensive and systematic manner. The book, primarily concerned with the substantive offences incorporated in the Indian Penal Code, also explains all relevant provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 and the Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
- A critical commentary covering emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- Focuses on the developments made in the law relating to criminal law since the last publication.
- Traces the close inter relationship of provisions containing in Indian Penal Code, Code of Criminal Procedure and Indian Evidence Act.
- Contains and discusses in detail the Criminal Law Amendment 2013 and 2018.
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of the Indian Courts that have led to the change and development in the legal position.
New to this edition:
- Legislative changes introduced vide Amendment 2018 have been duly incorporated at appropriate places.
- Incorporates relevant statutory changes in the law made post the publication of the last edition
- Includes important decisions of Supreme Court and various High courts
- The provisions and the case laws that stands no longer effective in the light of amendments and developments that have taken place have been duly removed.
Author: PSA PILLAI
Publisher: PSA PILLAI
No. Of Pages: 1133
Country of Origin: India