MHE: Oracle9i Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques by Richard J. Niemiec (9780070540651)
From the exclusive publishers of Oracle Press books comes a unique volume, packed with undocumented tips & techniques, for tuning and tailoring Oracle9i?to perform at its peak. Author Rich Niemiec has been named by Oracle Corporation as one of the top six Oracle experts in the world!
Maintain a high-performance Oracle9i?environment using the proven tuning methods presented in this authoritative resource. Written by the experts at TUSC and developed through years of successful Oracle consulting experience, this book offers hundreds of essential tips guaranteed to enhance system performance. Real-world examples illustrate insider best practices and in-depth details throughout the book highlight the new tuning options available in Oracle9i.
- Select the best indexing options for a variety of situations
- Distribute key data files across available hardware disks
- Tune crucial init.ora parameters for peak database performance
- Take full advantage of Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Use EXPLAIN, TRACE, TKPROF, STORED OUTLINES, and other tools
- Specify hints to override the optimizer as necessary
- Automate queries using PL/SQL stored procedures
- Use the Parallel Executions Option (PEO) for enhanced performance
- Monitor and tune the database with STATSPACK
- Query the V$ views and X$ tables
Author: Richard J. Niemiec
Publisher: Richard J. Niemiec
No. Of Pages: 823
Country of Origin: India
International Shipping: Yes
There are no reviews yet.